26 May, 2012

Carrot Cake

I love carrot cake. 
I remember when I got my very first cook book (still my favourite) how surprised I was to see that carrot cake really exists, not in jokes only. We didn't know it in Hungary, you know.
Then the first tea houses opened in the nineties and there they come the carrot cakes with. When I went there I always asked for one. Or, I should say, that's why I went there :)


I have tried lots of carrot cakes since that. I cannot tell which one is the best but I must say, this recipe is one of them. 
This time I made Teresa Cutter's recipe. If you don't know her, she's called the Healthy Chef in Australia. 
And, not at last, she's started to follow Paleo just recently. 






Ingredients


500 g (3 large) grated carrots
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
3 cups (300 g) almond meal
¼ cup (60 ml) macadamia nut or grape seed or olive  oil
¼ cup honey or 2 tbsp xylitol
1 cup raisins (you can use prunes instead)
2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder



Please read the rest here.

Variations for wellbeing
Dairy intolerance: enjoy as is.
Gluten intolerance: enjoy as is.
Paleo: enjoy as is.

No comments: